Google Webmaster dashboard displays a lot of useful information which is necessary for a well-coordinated site functioning.
Google Webmaster tools allow conducting a detailed analysis of the current site state, check the efficiency of robots.txt, identify and fix all possible site errors and perform other management operations related to visibility in the search.
Account owners can provide guest access to other users at their will by setting up the restrictions.
We decided to make a step-by-step instruction how to create a shared access to Google Webmaster account, to make this procedure as easy to our readers as possible.
- Insert “https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home” query in the address bar of your browser or follow this link.
- Click "Sign in" if you do not see your profile picture in the right upper corner of the screen. The Webmaster Tools will open after you sign in with your Google account.
- Locate a property you would like to share (you may have several of them in one account)
- Click the "Manage property" button
- Then choose "Add or Remove users" function. Here you can observe a list of users and property owners
- Click the red button with title "Add a new user"
- A pop-up window will appear with the request to insert user e-mail you want to share your Google Webmaster data
- Enter the user's e-mail and choose an access level you want to give
- Click the "Add" button and your property will be automatically added to a user account
There are two access levels - full and restricted.
Restricted access gives an opportunity to look through most of the data and perform a limited number of procedures such as data structuring, HTML optimization, website scanning and others.
Full access gives an opportunity to look through all available information and carry a maximum number of significant actions such as making changes in site crawling settings or submitting a new URL to Google's search index.
We advise all website owners to use Google webmaster tools and do not hesitate to share access to them with hired digital marketing specialists! By sharing access to your account, you give an opportunity to monitor a current site situation and collect information for building the strategy of your web source promotion.